Become a volunteer with The Canadian Canoe Museum. Join a team of passionate and dedicated people. Volunteers play an invaluable role in the success and development of the Museum. The Museum simply can’t say thank you enough to its volunteers! If you are ready to volunteer or for more information, email email@example.com or call 705.748.9153 x210.
What can you expect from volunteering at The Canadian Canoe Museum?
You will become part of a friendly, welcoming and enthusiastic team. You will receive loads of benefits, including:
The Museum makes it easy for you to fit volunteering into your lifestyle. There are two volunteer shifts to choose from based on regular Museum hours. Choose between the 9:30am - 1:30pm shift or the 1:30pm - 5:30pm shift.
Networking and Professional Development
Meet new people. Volunteering is a great way to meet people from all kinds of backgrounds and disciplines. The Museum has strong networking ties with businesses and individuals throughout the city and beyond. Volunteers receive ongoing training. Training in the areas of customer service, charitable giving, point of sale systems, and more. The skills you will learn at the Museum are highly transferable. Want to learn more in a specific area? The Museum will try to ensure you gain maximum development in those areas.
Monthly Coffee Clubs
Attend free volunteer Coffee Club sessions. Coffee Clubs occur on the last Friday of every month. Opportunity to deepen your experience of the Museum through a series of talks, tours and workshops.
Annual Volunteer Events
Opportunity to attend annual events just for volunteers. Annual events include a summer paddling party and catered dinner, fall bus tour and winter potluck.
Many Additional Volunteer Benefits
- Receive member pricing in the Museum Shop plus seasonal discounts.
- Unlimited free admission to the Museum.
- College and University students can volunteer for their program placement hours.
- Paid opportunities such as bartending and security for Museum room rentals and events.
- Gain a new understanding of the not-for-profit sector.
- Opportunity to be nominated for and receive Ontario Volunteer Service Awards and Peterborough Civic Awards.